Celebrate Bastille Day today, and the Auld Alliance between Scotland and France, with a cocktail that brings together Glasgow gin and French Champagne. Refreshing, crisp, with a zing, this is an ideal way to begin the weekend.
French 75 Cocktail
David Thomson, the Glasgow Distillery Company brand ambassador, pours:
– 45ml Makar Gin
– 15ml Freshly squeezed lemon
– 7.5ml Dash of sugar syrup (to taste).
– 10 – 15ml of your favourite Champagne
1. Shake all ingredients bar the champagne
2. Strain into a flute glass
3. Top with your favourite champagne
4. Garnish with a lemon twist.