SWG3, Scotland’s leading multi-disciplinary arts venue, has today announced the details of its outdoor food and drink venue – Ronnie’s Bar & Bike Shop, which will open its doors to the public on Monday 6th July.
The newly renovated 25,000 sq ft space, located in the venue’s outdoor Galvanizers Yard, will offer customers the chance to eat and drink al fresco and in strict accordance with the latest Government guidelines.
SWG3’s events team have worked closely with health and safety experts, architects and government officials to create a space that can safely accommodate over 250 customers at a time. The following new practices and features have been introduced ahead of opening:
- On-entry Temperature Checks: State-of-the-art thermal scanners will be positioned at the single-entry point into the venue. A Fever Detection System will accurately identify any customers who have a temperature in the range of a fever. Anyone displaying a high temperature will not be permitted to enter the venue.
- Safe socialising layout: Tables will be spaced out by a minimum of 2 metres in-line with the government guidelines. Each table will be positioned within its own marked circle, defining boundaries between each social bubble.
- Staggered Seating System: All tables must be pre-booked in advance via the new SWG3 App. Customers who arrive with no booking will not gain entry. Each booking will have up to 2hrs 45 at their table to enjoy all the venue has to offer.
- Order-to-Table App: To keep face-to-face contact to a minimum, the venue has developed a bespoke order-to-table App. Not only does the App allow customers to order food and drink from the comfort of their table, but it negates the need to queue and allows for contact free payments.
- Automated Toilet Capacity System: To avoid communal areas becoming congested, toilet capacity has been limited to half its functional capacity and a brand new automated digital control system has been introduced. Red and green indicators positioned above the entrances will display when customers can enter at no risk of crowding.
- Staff PPE, Training + Temperature Checks: SWG3 employees have undergone rigorous training ahead of reopening and will be supplied with PPE visors, face masks, gloves and aprons. They will also pass through temperature screening ahead of every shift.
- Enhanced hand hygiene and cleaning practice: Investment has been made in additional team members to keep hygiene standards high. All service materials (plates, cups and cutlery) will be one-use-only and disposed of in a sustainable way by the venue. Customers will also be asked to self-clear their tables, before the tables are washed down and reset.
SWG3 owner, Mutley, commented, “We have worked incredibly hard over the last few weeks in preparation for this moment. Our absolute priority is to ensure our customers will be able to socialise safely next week when we open, which is why the new space is designed – first and foremost – around hygiene and safety.”
The new food and drink area will be open from 12noon daily. Four menus will be available to customers from leading Scottish street food vendors including: ShawarmaRama, GA GA Chicken, NOMAD pizza and Julie’s Kopitiam.
Table reservations for the venue were released earlier this week – with 2200 tables being booked in less than 5 minutes. The next batch of tables for August will go on sale next week.
- Find out more about SWG3’s new outdoor space by visiting SWG3.tv
- Download the SWG3 booking app for free via Apple Store